Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Believer, Beware" Out Now!

I am thrilled and honored to be included in the new Killing the Buddha anthology, Believer, Beware: First-Person Dispatches from the Margins of Faith, out now from Beacon Press.

So thrilled and so honored, in fact, that I hopped a bus to New York to attend the launch party at Le Poisson Rouge on Monday night. Fellow contributors Paul W. Morris, Quince Mountain, and Irina Reyn read their work to an enthusiastic and responsive audience and I got to talk shop with KtB co-founders Peter Manseau and Jeff Sharlet*, and current KtB editors Meera Subramanian and Nathan Schneider, as well.

The collection is phenomenal (no lie) and I encourage you to read it, reflect on it, react to it, and then write for Killing the Buddha yourself (if the spirit moves you, of course).

[Photo lifted from Andrew Vomhof as my camera crapped out long before I got to New York.]

*Listen to Jeff discuss his latest book, The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power, with Terry Gross here.